(keitai-l) Re: i-mode emulators and samples

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 05/20/01
I agree with Juergen. I think in the future you will see more
diversity not less.

Just look: you have Blackberry, PALM, Pocket-PC, all the Japanese
keitais (DoCoMo alone has about 100 different handsets if you
count all the colors and other variations), wireless PC-cards...

Turning your remark around: In the old monopoly days in Europe,
which is only a few years ago, the only telecom device you
could have was a black dial phone fixed to wire coming
out of the wall which you could not detach unless you wanted to
risk a prison sentence for interfering with the state monopoly on
telecommunications. You could only rent this classical telephone -
it was not for sale to maintain the government monopoly.
It was a big advance when customers were given the choice between
a pea-green and a grey phone! Of course you had to pay an extra
fee every month for the privilege of the pea-green luxury version.

I think nobody wants to go back to those days - so we'll
live with diversity...

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/