(keitai-l) Re: imode interface patents

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 05/24/01
There seems to be quite a number of new but old ideas...

Freedom Wireless collects prepaid patent
By Ben Charny Special to CNET News.com May 23, 2001, 1:45 p.m.
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1004-200-6020153.html?tag=mn_hd

"Freedom Wireless said Wednesday that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
granted the company a patent for its technology that allows prepaid wireless
phone users to add money to their wireless phone accounts. Without this
ability, customers would have to open a new account and potentially be
forced to reactivate their handset with a new phone number.

(...)

Boston Communications Group also recently disclosed that it had posted a
$60,000 reward for any information debunking the patents given to Freedom
Wireless, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. "

I wonder if these patents cover the systems for prepaid in Europe or in
Japan (ie. buy a card, insert it/call and input a code, etc...) !

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/  日本のモバイルシーンを海外に!