(keitai-l) Re: i-mode in Europe

From: Kevin Markowitz <kevinmz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 05/24/01
John,

The slim data cable would allow you to attach your phone to your PC via the
USB interface (which is pretty obvious, right?).  What is not obvious is
that it would then allow you, using the provided [Japanese only] software,
to use your mobile phone as a modem.  Provided you were in range of a DoCoMo
antenna, of course.

Beyond this the interface does not allow you to interact with the phone in
any way.  Although a little bit of hacking... er, investigation might yield
different results.

Regards,
Kevin.

---
Kevin Markowitz
Symfotech - Software for the Wireless Internet

markowitz.k@symfotech.com
Mobile: +81 (705) 996-1470
Fax: +81 (3) 3720-3635