(keitai-l) Elmo meets McGuyver

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 06/11/01
Andrea,
And my McGuyver contribution:
Take a P209is or P503is and detach the two halves of the clam shell. On the
screen side, take off the rubber things on the front, which cover the screws,
and detach the screws. Remove the back, and the private window lcd and
speaker.  Now, carefully remove the backing of the color lcd display.  Use a
hacksaw to cut off the piece of case below the display.
Now, here is what you *should* be able to do with the fairly thin,
no-backing remaining lcd display--stick it into a slide projector. If you
splice the wires from the number pad half (actually you *have to*, or you
can't get the screen part in a slide projector) using a fairly long wire,
and some tape to keep it out of the way of the LCD, you will have, in effect
a remote control.
Ok, ok, I just dreampt this up on the spur of the moment. It should work,
and I think you know where there are plenty of phones just sitting around
begging to test this  ;-) Let me know if it works (or if you were silly
enough to try it).
-Nik Frengle