(keitai-l) Re: Customs issues Bond-like cellphone gun alert

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 09/03/01
J. Sean Bennett wrote:
> ...keitai cameras, mp3 players, and now this...
>
> http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?f=/stories/2001090
> 1/679319.html
>
> "...The top third of the phone's body slides open, revealing four
> small holes where .22-calibre bullets can be chambered, lying flat
> beneath the phone's liquid crystal display screen.   ...The gadgets
> do not make phone calls...."

This is hardly news - I heard of this awhile ago, and so did most of
f the airport security people in the US, apparently.  Almost every
time I've been through airport security in the US recently, I've been
asked to demonstrate that my phone (and sometimes also my PDA) is not
one of these by turning it on or pressing a key, making the display
change.