(keitai-l) Re: From Japan.Inc: The Dirty Little Secret of i-Mode

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 09/07/01
> The article is contradictory to the point of being ridiculious.
> Japan Inc. would be well advised not to let their own depressed
> attitudes infect the rest of what is otherwise a booming industry.

These are harsh words...but true in a way. I remember to
read in JapanInc that they wanted to apply for being an
official i-mode site and report about their progress,
but never heard of this again...maybe they lost the last
chances after they published the title of the June 2001
issue, which shows Takeshi Natsuno with a, mhm, lets say
extreme pink cast which somehow reminds me at an animal
I saw quite often in my childhood while I grow up at
a farm very countryside...

I know that color management is very complicated, but you
simply can NOT show a cover like this.

But the real mistake is that people talk about the
45,000 possible non-profitable non-official i-mode sites
out there...anybody ever wondered that this number didn't
changed since almost a year?

Also exactly like on the conventional web, there are sites
which just make fun (for the users, but more for the makers).

There is no business plan behind, there are no plans to make
money with it and there is not even a chance to make money
with this...like a i-mode diary of a programmer who works
for a soon to be closed startup (very funny, I would pay for
the content!), my very private just-for-fun photo portfolio
(which is great to impress people at parties) or our later
today to be launched totally unofficial i-mode "Keitai Party
Invitation Manager" (KePaIM).

So if you ask somebody with such a site "How do you become
profitable?"...what do expect as an answer?

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht [Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc.] http://nooper.com
In case [A-Z]mode FAQs cannot help you, we can: http://nooper.co.jp/