(keitai-l) Re: From Japan.Inc: The Dirty Little Secret of i-Mode

From: David Davies <david_at_intadev.com>
Date: 09/07/01
On Thursday, 6 September 2001 8:35 PM
turner@uvs.is [mailto:turner@uvs.is] wrote:

>> One of the things I had been lead to believe about i-Mode was that
content providers have
>> a reasonble shot at making money. Apparently not:

>> http://www.japaninc.net/newsletters/index.html?list=WW&issue=22

The article referred to is little more than one person's opinion and not
supported by any facts or figures as Daniel Scuka says himself.

"Granted, we don't have the spreadsheets at hand to prove this hunch.
But we hear a thunderous silence whenever we ask someone what their
i-mode, J-Sky, or EZweb site costs them, and how much they're
earning."

The article is contradictory to the point of being ridiculious.

Japan Inc. would be well advised not to let their own depressed
attitudes infect the rest of what is otherwise a booming industry.

Regards,
David Davies
http://www.intadev.com