(keitai-l) Re: 3G PCMCIA card?

From: dtalbot <dtalbot_at_j-com.co.jp>
Date: 09/07/01
> really didn't understand that remark at all. Foma is all about frequency,
> and if there wasn't going to be enough frequency, why build it in the
first
> place? Why not go directly to 4G? I think the comment was probably just
> ill-informed on his part.

Personally I wouldn't be so forgiving. The issue of whether spectrum is
available for resale isn't just some small detail you happen to recall
incorrectly at a press conference. Tachikawa's claim could potentially be
one of DoCoMo's main arguments in the debate against opening up their
network to secondary wireless service provider market as Somusho have
recently being suggesting and as DDI Pocket are actively embracing

> > Until I read this I thought that FOMA data services (likewise KDDI's HDR
> > services) were going to use purely pay-per-packet tariffs. I suppose
> DoCoMo
> > have been following the recent trends in PHS data services, moving
towards
> > flat
> > monthly rates (Air-H", b-mobile Data Service etc.)
> The article says nothing about Foma moving to flat rate. The packet pack
is

Not flat rate services but a change from the current purely pay-as-you-go
system on i-mode.  (That said though, the Packet 80 service is not
explicitly linked to i-mode so I suppose it's the FOMA version of DoPa not
the new rate plan for FOMA i-mode packets. DoPa already has similar rate
plans.)

Cheers
David