(keitai-l) Re: DoCoCaCoMoLa according to The Florentine (was Re: Re: Cmode experience)

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 09/11/01
David M. wrote:
> I've checked faqs and news articles but no mention by coca-cola or docomo
> to using cmode as a micropayment solution.

David,
Here is what DoCoMo's own site says about it:

"Method of payment:

<1> Advanced payment service (members only)
By inserting cash into the Cmo vending machine, members can deposit funds
into a special account on the Cmode server for use with subsequent cashless
purchases.

<2> Point service (members only)
Users can pay for Cmode services through points accumulated in their special
member accounts.

<3> Cash
Users may pay for Cmode services by inserting cash into the Cmo vending
machine.

Trial service contents:
- Gourmet Pia Coupon (Pia Digital Communications Corporation)
- Pia street map Coupon (Pia Digital Communications Corporation)
- TSUTAYA rental ranking + Coupon  (TSUTAYA online Corporation)
- Future telling Coupon (Index Corporation)
- linkage contents with Arcade Games (SEGA CORPORATION)  "

I think that you will agree that option 1 very definitely is a micropayment
system.
You can see the full story at:
http://www.nttdocomo.com/new/contents/01/whatnew0808.html
I think Thomas already included this link in one of his posts, actually.
Cheers,
Nik