(keitai-l) Re: JPhone introduces Prepay (extended to Wireless Forensics in general)

From: Jorge _at_ allinabill <_at_>
Date: 10/31/01
The data is there and not only for security applications. For example Gov'ts
could use the information collected from thousands of motorist, pedestrians,
etc and track their movements, this would provide them with empirical data
about the use of highways, railroads, buses and streets etc. They could use
the data to discover bottlenecks and prioritize expenditure in further
infrastructure. A little program and lots of data could provide some
interesting models of where people in general are moving to and from. Some
little company could make lots of money with such an application. Phone
operators could sell this info. Provided that individual data is not
collected but anonymous trends are outlined there should not be privacy
concerns.

One example, charter bus lines could be deployed for special recurring
events like soccer matches. People going to the game can be tracked
according to their destination the soccer stadium. They can be grouped
according to their origin and then buses can be chartered to avoid
congestion in the city center.

Jorge Alonso