(keitai-l) Some questions on J2ME services in Japan

From: Bert Jan te Paske <BertJan.tePaske_at_mobillion.nl>
Date: 11/13/01
Hi,

I live in Europe (the Netherlands) and have some questions about J2ME
services in Japan. Are there any figures on these issues:

- How many Java enabled phones have been sold in Japan?
- How many J2ME applications are available from NTT DoCoMo and J-Phone?
- How many downloads do they get?
- How much does a customer pay for an I-Appli download?
- What kinds of application are the most popular? (entertainment,
communication, information)
- Are there I-Applis using network connectivity (e.g. multi-player games,
chat clients)? If so, who hosts the game/chat server and what is the revenue
sharing model?

It would be great if any of you could help me with (links to) this kind of
information. I find it hard to find the answers on the Internet!

thanks,
Bert Jan te Paske