(keitai-l) Re: DRM for picture messaging

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 01/12/03
I think au/KDDI currently provides most feature-rich and complex
DRM (if you call it DRM) in Japan.  I don't know how it's related
to WAP or i-mode (you can't even have attachment for i-mode mail
in DoCoMo's PDC network, the whole i-mode is a mess that DoCoMo
is having big problems with).

I think it's more filesystem.  if you don't agree, then you could
(should) say the best keitai DRM is currently provided by WAP.

it's a piece of cake if anyone wants it - add file attributes in
closed systems.  you can hack WAP/MMS yourself if you wish, and
if you let someone else hack it radically, you may get i-mode.

the real problem I think is whatif one day we have in keitai's
Linux, Windows CE, or Symbian turned to Windows, ... that even
teenagers can hack them easily.

cheers,

Ken