(keitai-l) Re: 7.5% of US SMS messages lost...

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 01/19/03
On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Jonas Petersson wrote:

> > This is far better than the default SMS situation. I picked up an AT&T
> > prepaid cellphone in New York, and I never got any notification of
> > whether my SMS were delivered or not, nor could I see any way to set
> > up this notification.
>
> As I hinted in my previous mail, some phone manufacturers make this
> setting mroe obvious then others. IMHO, Nokia phones have been quite
> decent in this respect for many years...

Well, you're welcome to have a look at my Nokia phone and try to figure
out how to get it to tell me delivery status. I've been through all the
menus (as far as I can tell) and I can't see how to do it.

> This is typically correct. This is identical to that you will not get
> the stamp back if you postcard can not be delivered for some reason.

Yeah, but at least a letter is returned if I put my return address on it.

But mostly I'm peeved because I can't integrate it with my e-mail,
they way I can with i-mode. (All my keitai e-mail goes through my mail
servers, and gets copied to my computer.)

cjs