(keitai-l) Re: 7.5% of US SMS messages lost...

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 01/19/03
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Jonas Petersson wrote:

> Please state your model.

It's a Nokia 3361. None of the things you described seem to allow me to
turn on this notification feature. (There's no settings option under the
messages menu.)

It's quite a horrible little phone, anyway. Heavy, poor display, and,
worst of all, no way to attach a keitai strap to it!

> > But mostly I'm peeved because I can't integrate it with my e-mail,
> > they way I can with i-mode. (All my keitai e-mail goes through my mail
> > servers, and gets copied to my computer.)
>
> I don't know about US GSM telcos, but at least around here (Sweden) you
> have the option to have you mail sent to a mail account at the telco
> (very similar to keitai I think). If so, you instantly get an SMS when a
> mail arrives....

No, what I want is the other way around. Every time an SMS arrives, it
gets copied to my computer mailbox as well.

cjs