(keitai-l) cell phone most hated invention in the US

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 01/23/04
... so are most of us?
http://web.mit.edu/invent/n-main.html

if we go into the details, the Americans invented most important
technologies that they hate (and we love):

(1) cellular/frequency reuse invented in 1947, Bell Labs
(2) first analog mobile system in 1978, Bell Labs
(-) TDMA lost to GSM though both launched in 1992
(3) first wireless Internet service in 1996, Unwired Planet (Openwave)
(4) CDMA invented in 1960's, commercial standard in 1991, Qualcomm
(5) OFDM invented in 1960's, Texas Instruments
(6) first WLAN in 1971, www.hawaii.edu, standardized in 1997, IEEE

btw, this is the great phone that inspired the development of i-mode
http://img.cmpnet.com/nc/720/graphics/f32.gif