(keitai-l) Re: Related - Mobile computing on a new level

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/18/04
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Darren Luckett wrote:

> marketspeak again. no story needed to sell new technology, function sells
> it - ie clearer pictures = DVD, Videophone = 3G.

That strikes me as quite wrong indeed. If clearer pictures, rather
than a much handier physical format and better features (multiple
soundtracks, subtitles that can be turned on and off, etc.), are what
sold DVDs, why has HDTV stalled so badly? If Videophone is what's
selling 3G, why is Docomo's 3G network, which is the only one that has
real videophone service, the least popular?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org