(keitai-l) Re: AW: Re: i-mode reaching one million european users

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 03/04/04

> Natsuno-san announced in Cannes at 3GSM that later in 2004, probably
> just before christmas in Q4/04, we will see the N900i in Europe

This is very important. I hope we will see a lot of content providers
and
developers providing contents and application tailored for those
terminals.

> Maybe after this event Nokia et al. will develop fully i-mode compliant
> devices.

I think they will oblidged to introduce some advanced phones more in
line
to those that are available in JP.

Already the GX-30 will accelerate the megapixel phones introduction
raising
the bar for camera phones. Also the display looks very nice.

> At 3GSM in Cannes the CEOs of KPN Mobile and Bouygues Telecom all
> agreed that i-mode has reached the momentum now.
>
> So if Natsuno-san keeps his promises, i-mode will play a big role
> in 2005 in Europe.

I agree with you. The others operators still have weak strategy not
enought open
to involve  the needed content and  providers and developers.

> BTW, Arun Sarin, Vodafone's CEO, said that Vodafone Live! has got
> 5 million users in 16 countries now (not counting Japan I believe).

5 million is a good number. But as far as I know they also include
users that have
just sent an MMS. So are numbers difficult to read...

Cheers from Verona

Giovanni