(keitai-l) Re: best publishers and revenue share percentages?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/24/05
Allan,

we have worked for a number of companies in the mobile
content and service area on business development,
strategies etc. and also on many other licensing
negotiations.

In Japan essentially, as everybody knows, carriers take
world-record low percentages, in the case of DoCoMo its
9%. As far as I know these percentages are far higher
50%, 60% or even higher in other countries.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "publisher"?

You could think about Disney, Cybird, Index, Gmode and
others.

Essentially you will need to negotiate a deal case by
case depending on what you have to sell. Your negotiating
power depends on whether you are the owner of all rights for
"Winnie the Pooh" or whether its a submarine shooting
game for black-and-white GSM screens which has 5,000 users
globally for which you want to do bus-dev in Japan.

Gerhard

Allan MacKinnon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple questions that hopefully someone on this list can answer.
>
> 1. what is a typical revenue share between publishers, developers and
> carriers in the countries and carriers that you're familiar with?
>
> 2. which publishers are perceived to be the "best" in Japan and/or the
> rest of the Asia?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -ASM
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/