(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/02/05
Curt Sampson wrote:
>>Now that would seem based on this the transaction was
>>in fact processed on the network in at least psydo real-time!
>

> No, it was processed on your card in real time. The card itself stores
> the information about how much credit you have left. (It's encrypted and
> all that, of course.) I strongly suspect that if you lose the card, all
> your credit on it is gone.

In the case of Edy yes. In that respect Edy is e-cash.
However, don't mix up Edy and Felica. Edy is just one
of 1000s of applications on Felica. There are other
applications where you do not lose your credit if you
lose the card/phone. It really depends on how the
application is set up.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/