(keitai-l) Re: QR Codes iAppli for non QR Code phones?

From: Jason Fields <jason_at_air-port.com>
Date: 03/07/05
Arnold,

Can you direct us to that QR Code Java App? I heard from a friend in
the business that the QR Code identification software and electronics
needed to recognize the barcodes were hardwired into certain
handsets... My original questions was is there a standalone QR Code
reader that could be downloaded to a vAppli capable phone? It seems as
thought your email suggests this IS the case? Is your AU phone already
capable of recognizing QR Codes, and just did not have the reader
software on it? Please advise...

I am working in this space and one of the companies I consult with is
curious about this as well... If there is NOT a freely available
software package for mobiles... Might this be a good opportunity to
make something, if its in fact possible? It seems from the QR Code
sourceforge,jp there is... I mean, if someone could provide an J2ME app
or vAppli then this would provide and even greater amount of QR Code
users and available services to people initially w/o QR Code enabled
phones. Food for thought.

Thanks,
Jason Fields.