(keitai-l) Re: Flash Lite

From: Robi Karp <robi_at_fluffyspider.com.au>
Date: 07/07/05
D_C wrote:

> Robi Karp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone had first hand experiences using or working with Flash Lite
> > applications?
>
> yes, in japan theres lots of mobile flash content.
>

> > If so, are there any comments regarding capability, speed, etc?
>
> its flash 4, so very basic scripting.

So does that mean you can't write "real" applications with it?

I was reading this:
http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2005/06/ubergizmo_in_ja_2.html

It seems they've done the entire UI in flash.  Given what you said
above, how would that be possible then?

> > Also, I was under the impression that network connectivity, service
> > provision to Flash Lite enabled phones required a special FlashCast
> > server (or something similar).  Can anyone confirm or deny that?
>
> not required. flashcast is MM's carrier facing solution, a little like
> an aggregation biz for them. maybe "matchmaking" is a better word :0
> if the phone supports flash, content can be accessed.
> flashcast clientside adds a few other funcs like local memory tho.

So if I want to do network connectivity with Flash I would be limited
to such constructs as getUrl(), is that correct? Or, can I get an
actual socket?

- Robi Karp

--
Fluffy Spider Technologies        Embedded Linux / FancyPants
http://www.fluffyspider.com.au/   Linux / Unix / Wireless / Real Time