(keitai-l) Re: Uploading home-made MIDlets

From: Chris Houser <houser_at_kinjo-u.ac.jp>
Date: 07/07/06
On 6/29/06, negativedouble@gmail.com <negativedouble@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked up Vodafone's pricelist:
> http://www.vodafone.jp/en/pricelist/live/v3g_standard.html
> Y1843 to download a 1MB V-appli on the standard plan! Ouch. The
> 'discount' plans don't help me much either.

Don't they have an all-you-can-download (flat rate, prepaid) plan?
These usually give a lower per-byte price...
Not cheap, but less expensive.

A one-meg applet! Maybe you could reorganize it to download compressed
resources as needed, rather than caching all that on the phone.

> I've seen the V-appli emulator but still, uploading to the hardware
> isn't something I can do just once. Can anyone recommend a way to do
> this on a budget?

Can you install to a memory card?
Or borrow a phone that can download via wifi?

(My group used to have flat-rate plans on test devices that the
developers shared. Now we use wifi.)