(keitai-l) My (sleepless) Maid

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 10/01/00
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Or.. to put it another way.. the US is not behind in wireless
>because of some lack of capacity or resources to do so.. it
>is behind because it simply does not sell as much as it sells
>in Asia..

My!

what a relief that comes to all we non-Yanks out here....

See Claude -
>'America is hi-tech god'
after all - it just has not bothered with silly old wireless yet....

>- There is a certain level of social resistance to being called
>anywhere by anybody.  This may be OK in Asia but in the US a
>lot of people want to sleep at night.

Gee! - those wacky Asians!  After all - we don't need sleep, do we....

Have you considered for a moment that we may turn our cellphones onto
their answerphones when we do not want to be disturbed...? Or even (gulp!)
..off?

Or that after we get our cellphones, many people  who don't need a fax
actually get RID of their landline - not because it costs so much but
because it is simply - quaint...

(flames directly back to me please, where they will be cheerfully fanned -
let's not bore the list with them)

Nick May
Fukuoka, Japan