(keitai-l) Justin Chamberlain on i-mode

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 10/17/00
	Below is a quote by Ericsson's head of corporate ventures, Justin
	Chamberlain. Taken from cre@teonline issue 2, august 2000.

	"i-mode is a walled garden and not truly mobile Internet, which
	restricts the development of creative new services. WAP has been
	optimized as a standard for mobile internet by the independent
	WAP forum."

	This quote somehow makes me smile. The existing i-mode services
	are usually far more creative than any WAP service I have yet
	seen. Also I don't feel that WAP is an open standard. It is
	a standard developed by a closed forum (of well if you pay
	you can join). Even though i-mode uses NTT DoCoMos proprietary
	network technology, the rest of it uses IMO far more open
	standards than WAP.

	Or does anyone agree with me? :)

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/