(keitai-l) Re: Justin Chamberlain on i-mode

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 10/18/00
The bigger issue is: the Internet is fine and open and all that, but if you
are interested in having a successful business, making people pay for the
free, open Internet is a model that has never worked.

I like the fact that the wireless web is a walled garden -- it's why i-mode
is successful and WAP services, so far, are not.

Blatant self-plug:

"Are Walled Gardens Such a Bad Thing?"
http://www.japaninc.net/feedback/letter/letter01.html#gardens

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature