(keitai-l) Re: i-mode business model & content providers [was RE: I-mode site problems]

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 11/03/00
]  It will be interesting to see if we can expand this model beyond
]  keitai and
]  portable devices.  There is a whole world of content out there
]  which cannot
]  be produced profitably at the moment (at least with typical web content
]  models).  Ideas?

I understand Bandai have a _website_ in japan which also has quite a few
thousand paying members/players. For a card game? Maybe mystic grapple or is
that an imode product?

I also heard excite@home japan were intending to put a billing system in
place. Since they are an ISP as well, they can do this and make it painless
for the consumer (read: small bill addition).

In the US, the wall street journal I think is the only commercially
succesful sub model. And this because of the print edition's content and
resources.

Oh, and then there's porn...

Are there any succesful pay-for-porn sites on imode? I realize that NTT
would not sanction them, so again porn may blaze a trail for a 3rd party
billing system...

dc

]
]  JS
]
]
]
]  -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
]  -- Type: application/ms-tnef
]  -- File: winmail.dat
]
]