(keitai-l) Re: i-mode business model & content providers [was RE: I-mode site problems]

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 11/03/00
dc wrote:
> Are there any succesful pay-for-porn sites on imode? I realize that NTT
> would not sanction them, so again porn may blaze a trail for a 3rd party
> billing system...

160-pixel graphics and slow download times put a bit of crimp on porn...
although there is at least one official i-mode site that offers sexy
swimsuit pictures as backgrounds, noted (with picture) even in Docomo's
own English-language i-mode booklet.  I would expect the market to heat
up
once IMT-2000 hits the streets...  and that Docomo will loosen their own
regulations once they realize how much money they're losing.

Cheers,
--
Jani PATOKALLIO / jpatokal@iki.fi / +81 90 7722 3557
Sanpo Laboratory, Mechano-Informatics Dept., University of Tokyo