(keitai-l) Re: Wap vs i-mode once again

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 11/08/00
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Renfield Kuroda wrote:

> Have to agree with Andrea -- comparing WAP vs i-mode is a pointless
> exercise; one's a set of protocols, the other a brand.

	IMO it is not 100% pointless. Comparing wap and i-mode on
	technology level is a good proof that in order to make
	a successfull and working data network it is usually a good
	idea to use old proven, easy to implement protocols / standards
	such as HTML, TCP/IP and HTTP and _not_ reinvent everything
	from scratch (which is the case with WAP).

	I do agree however that comparing i-mode and wap only at
	technical level is pointless.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/