(keitai-l) Re: i-mode business model & content providers [was RE: I-mode site problems]

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 11/08/00
Dan Tochen wrote:

> Hello all - I'm new to this list, so please be gentle.
>
> On the subject of data use on 3G networks, I'm not sure exactly what timeframe Ren has in mind, but as Jani said, DoCoMo has high expectations for this market; prez Tachikawa predicts that data will account for 50% of telco traffic by 2005. See below article:
> <http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/event/114973>

And as I said, that's 5 YEARS away -- for the next 5 years, voice will still count for more than 50% of revenue. For the next couple of years, voice will count for alot more than 50% of revenue. Besides which, data use increases voice use, putting even more demand on voice
network.
Also, DoCoMo's lack of a clear 3G billing scheme for data indicates that for the short-term anyway, the focus will be on getting the core voice network to cover existing voice demands.

However, I'm sure that within a year or two DoCoMo will have a much clearer 3G data revenue plan, including a new, more data friendly billing scheme...in 10 years voice will be free anyway.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature