(keitai-l) Re: 19 inch phone screens anyone

From: Dan Tochen <dan_at_tkai.com>
Date: 11/09/00
3G services should satisfy the bandwidth requirements of these devices. Assuming that transmission fees are manageable, I think that a device something like the Inviso sunglasses might very well become very popular. (need to do something about the clunky design, though.)

Within five years or so, I think the new cutting edge in mobile technology will look something like this:

Visor-based display a la Inviso with an earbud-style speaker/microphone (picking up your speech via bone conduction), that communicates with your mobile phone through Bluetooth. Both devices also use Bluetooth to connect to a small form-factor hard drive that's in your bag. Ideally advanced voice recognition is part of the picture too, although I'm not sure how...maybe phone processors will be up to the task by then.

A setup like that might actually lure me away from my desktop monitor.

-Dan