(keitai-l) Re: Location based foo

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 11/14/00
AvB> If you go to Shibuya for shopping, it might be useful to request for
AvB> information on the most 10 popular Italian restaurants. Nowadays, people
AvB> have to input the area where they are. If the location is automatically
AvB> recognized they only have to request what type of information they need. In
AvB> this case they will select Italian. They will receive a list of 10 Italian
AvB> restaurants with the same information as in Tokyo Walker of which they can
AvB> pick.
I agree this could be an good service, especially when I meet my
partner in Shibuya and we discuss 10 minutes where to go for
lunch, so a recommendation per day would be great...
But this is in my eyes a service, not directly advertisement.

If you look at the english speaking Tokyo Food Page:
http://www.bento.com/

or their IMode site:
http://www.bento.com/i/

than you have almost this (except the automatic location tracker), but
you wonder...you will find no advertisements of the restaurants
mentioned...it's only a service from gourmets for end users.

There are also japanese services like this...also not paid by the
restaurants...so I really would not say it's an advertisement.

But this really goes to far now, this mail can also be seen as an
advertisement for Bento.com, but it is not.

Juergen