(keitai-l) Re: IM stupidity

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 11/14/00
Chat rooms are already one of the most popular uses of cell phones in Japan.
Wireless IM, allowing realtime text chatting, will be even bigger.
Stupidity is ignoring this trend.

r e n

Kyle Barrow wrote:

> I was at an event last Friday where the head of AOL Japan showed off AIM for
> wireless devices. While I would expect this sort of nonsense from the US I
> would have thought the Japanese group should have known better.
>
> Now wireless IM has hit the popular press as well:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/comment/0,5859,2653139,00.html
>
> Am I alone in thinking this is stupid? If not I shall rush out and patent
> Instant Morse Code and Instant Tribal Drum as it is clear these people don't
> know that that little speaker and mike at each end of your wireless device
> allow you to TALK to someone and have never heard of voice over Internet
> technology.
>
> Glad to get that out of my system, I feel much better now.
>
> Kyle

ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144
hex: \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c  \x64
morgan stanley dean witter japan
e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature