(keitai-l) IM stupidity

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 11/14/00
I was at an event last Friday where the head of AOL Japan showed off AIM for
wireless devices. While I would expect this sort of nonsense from the US I
would have thought the Japanese group should have known better.

Now wireless IM has hit the popular press as well:

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/comment/0,5859,2653139,00.html

Am I alone in thinking this is stupid? If not I shall rush out and patent
Instant Morse Code and Instant Tribal Drum as it is clear these people don't
know that that little speaker and mike at each end of your wireless device
allow you to TALK to someone and have never heard of voice over Internet
technology.

Glad to get that out of my system, I feel much better now.

Kyle