(keitai-l) Re: IM stupidity

From: Jon Baer <jonbaer_at_musicphone.com>
Date: 11/14/00
I actually have the Sprint/Samsung Uproar and have AOL IM running on it and its
not something I would call "instant" messaging.  It makes for no difference
between SMS and IM, it would nice if I didnt get an alert asking me if I wanted
to view a new message and rather just get it.

Also I keep forgetting to "sign off" so I have a million messages asking why I
dont answer people back, thats a pain in the ass.

One cool thing we have developed for Musicphone is MusicBuddies and a
MessageBroadcast platform where we can take voice and send to the IM platforms
with the voice message,  which is very cool and alot better than these text
based message swapping.

There is alot of power in a voice portal that should not be overlooked beyond
basic text messaging and IM.

- Jon

Kyle Barrow wrote:

> I was at an event last Friday where the head of AOL Japan showed off AIM for
> wireless devices. While I would expect this sort of nonsense from the US I
> would have thought the Japanese group should have known better.
>
> Now wireless IM has hit the popular press as well:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/comment/0,5859,2653139,00.html
>
> Am I alone in thinking this is stupid? If not I shall rush out and patent
> Instant Morse Code and Instant Tribal Drum as it is clear these people don't
> know that that little speaker and mike at each end of your wireless device
> allow you to TALK to someone and have never heard of voice over Internet
> technology.
>
> Glad to get that out of my system, I feel much better now.
>
> Kyle

Jon Baer
Founder/Developer
Musicphone, Inc.