(keitai-l) Re: More location based services/docomo boxes

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/16/00
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>It also works for lost husbands, wifes, boyfriends, girlfriends and
>whatever likes to run away from time to time.

I hate to extend this thread any more, but if my wife could find out in
real-time where/what I get up to, the phrase "killer application" would
take on a whole new meaning....

This reminds me of the story is possibly apocryphal, of a Chechen warlord
who is said to have been killed when the Americans successfully used his
keitai as a homing signal for one of their smaller, cuter cruise missiles.

The privacy implications of all this "realtime location" stuff is rather
frightening. (I wonder if they could make a base station small enough to
fit in my Gaijin Toe-rag Shomei...)

BTW - does anyone know what boxes/OS Docomo use for their proxys? Any tech
info on this would be much appreciated. Imode produces an interesting
traffic pattern - lots of tiny hits, very close together (not much info on
each page so links get hit fastish). Plays havoc with a db-driven site....

Nick