(keitai-l) Re: IM stupidity

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 11/15/00
From: "Jon Baer" <jonbaer@musicphone.com>

[snip]

> One cool thing we have developed for Musicphone is MusicBuddies and a
> MessageBroadcast platform where we can take voice and send to the IM
platforms
> with the voice message,  which is very cool and alot better than these
text
> based message swapping.

Uh...yeah...um...this is....I mean, this is Michael, and I, uh, think that,
um, Jon has sort of a point here, but (*throat clearing*) one thing to, uh,
think about, is that, uh.... [the rest garbled by passing garbage trucks and
ghetto blasters.]

My point - and I do have one - should be clear: there's more than one
way to skin a cat; and if you try to use a screwdriver, the cat might
skin *you* before you can even get the blade in.  Most
of us lack radio-announcer vocal presence, and very few of us have
good ambient-noise-cancellers.  Saying that one technology is
categorically better than another might be (to switch metaphors
clumsily) that old hammer-nail myopia again.

-m
leap@gol.com
www.idiom.com/~turner