(keitai-l) Re: NTT DoCoMo and AT&T

From: Stephen Walker <stephen_at_valueclick.ne.jp>
Date: 12/01/00
Hello

It definitely hit home to me the importance of this deal when I read the
Industry Standard article re Nokia/AT&T Wireless

http://www.thestandard.net/article/display/0,1151,20524,00.html

As for "WAP NG", the WAP forum people seem to prefer this term over WAP 2.0

(see http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/12372.html)

But when the AT&T press release says "As part of the agreement, AT&T
Wireless will license from NTT DoCoMo its i-mode technology platform" then
things start to get really interesting.

But can it really be done...a US i-mode roll-out? The trillion yen
question, eh?

Cheers,
Stephen