(keitai-l) Re: Mari Matsunaga: The Mother Of i-Mode

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 12/01/00
> Douglass Turner wrote:
>
> > This article gives some tantalizing insights into how i-mode came to be. The
> > central role of Mari Matsunaga is discussed:
> > http://www.msnbc.com/news/492270.asp
> >
> > There is a passage that mentions a book she recently wrote:
> > "... She did it by insisting on an easy-to-use product in battles with
> > bureaucratic-minded bosses and jargon-loving consultants, a struggle
> > Matsunaga recounts in her book, "I-mode Incident," a best seller with
> > 180,000 copies out since July ..."
> >
> > Can anyone track this book down for me? Is it only in Japanese?

It is on several business book bestseller lists here in Japan,
and almost every major bookshop here in Tokyo has it in prominent
position. I am afraid you'll need to read it in Japanese language,
but the book is not very long, so you should be able to read it
in a reasonable time if you have a basic knowledge of Japanese and
a dictionary...

Gerhard Fasol
fasol@eurotechnology.com