(keitai-l) Re: Female reception was: Re: D2 COMMUNICATIONS

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 12/12/00
Actually, I'd just rather see photos of Andrea on my phone than of you,
Juergen.

(^^)

r e n

Juergen Specht wrote:

> > Well, mentally, you are. Especially with all those pictures of girls on
> > your website.
>
> Talking to girls is the best market research you can have in Japan.
> These group is so important for the success of mobile devices, that's
> one of the reasons you see hardly a man on advertisements for Keitai's
> (another reason is that they look better).
>
> If I talk to the average american or european business man about
> new services for Keitai's I get so phantasyless answer's like
> "News!", "Stocks" or most worse "what's the business plan behind
> providing ring tones?".
>
> <slightly offtopic>
>
> I was on the Internet World in Makuhari 2 weeks ago and there were
> only around 30 (!) booths showing whatever and one service just
> discovered the japanese market, because it's so fashionable
> and they see so much opportunities here...this service
> is called http://www.ezface.com and works like this:
>
> 1.) You have to download a 2MB application on your harddisk.
> 2.) Install the application.
> 3.) Capture a digital picture of yourself.
> 4.) Open this picture in the application.
> 5.) Try out new lipstick colors on your own photo.
> 6.) Save these new looks.
> 7.) Buy the lipstick you like online out of this
>     application.
>
> How much problems with the business plan and the target group
> you see here?
>
> I see 7. Even if the application works great, somebody should
> listen to an average girl and ask HOW she chooses a Lipstick.
> It's first the feeling and consistense on her lips, how she decides
> for it and the color is not as important. As long as you can not
> simulate this with a computer, I suggest to sell your Ezface.com
> shares soon.
>
> </slightly offtopic>
>
> And who is the founder and behind the most valueable english
> speaking website about the mobile market and one of the most
> informed person's you can meet in Japan?
>
> It's Keitaiqueen Andrea with her http://www.mobilemediajapan.com .
>
> And who was the real usability motor behind Imode?
> Another woman.
>
> Taking girls serious can help a lot in having success in
> Keitai Business and I take them really serious :)
>
> Juergen

ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144
hex: \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c  \x64
morgan stanley dean witter japan
e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature