(keitai-l) Re: 3G COLORS ? Re: (no subject)

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 01/31/01
Vincent J. Luna wrote:
<snip>
> i-Mode *so far* only supports GIFs which means up to 256 colors.
<snip>

No, GIF supports 24-bit colour, but with only 256 colours in each
frame.  In an animated GIF it's possible to combine frames with
different palettes, since each frame does not have to completely
cover the previous one.  Not all viewers will support this
correctly; I have no idea whether i-mode browsers do.  I wouldn't
be surprised to find that i-mode phones are actually using 12- or
15-bit screens already.

--
I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.