(keitai-l) Re: i-mode usage likely overstated

From: Gregory Tucker <tuckerg_at_acm.org>
Date: 02/04/01
I wouldn't be surprised if many other business users, like me, have i-mode
on their phone but have to exercise some discretion to use the i-mode and
i-mail services. My company does have to pay per packet, so the usage should
be directly related (ie. i-mail to colleague, changing flight times, testing
the company's i-mode page, etc.) or peripherally related (ie. financial
news, brief email to spouse, etc.) to the business. Given this constraint,
voice is the most common.

I realize that such a corporate market is not the largest for i-mode, but I
cannot believe it is insignificant either. I am surprised that the numbers
below are not higher, but it depends on the wording of the survey. If I have
used the online content only once, then I guess I have to say I use i-mode
for that purpose.

Regards

---
  Gregory Tucker