(keitai-l) carrier pricing structures-per request vs flat vs per minute

From: <NYoung_at_jup.com>
Date: 02/05/01
Hi Folks,

While J-phone launched its Internet services later than DoCoMo and KDDI, and
there are a host of other reasons why they would have lower subscribership
numbers, ie not as much compelling content, etcetc,..but..

I was wondering people's opinions with regard to the effect of the "2 yen
per request" pricing structure on service popularity.

I thought that J-phone also had a per minute pricing, in addition to the per
request structure for its Internet services. (but I guess I'm wrong here)

Is J-phone's "per request model" more viable than per minute from their
financial health stand point? perspective?- (and more appealing than per
minute from the consumer perspective?)

Is it wrong to assume that consumers everywhere would rather have a flat or
per bit pricing structure, which is ostensibly much cheaper..

Jupiter Research
21 Astor Place
New York, NY 10003
phone:917-534-6321