(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 02/07/01
David Kilburn wrote:
> At 08:49 AM 2/7/01 +0900, you wrote:
> >I have been back and forth with Nokia on IR linkage with Palm devices,
>
> My NM502i had to be replaced by DoCoMo yesterday. Surprisingly they told me
> there was no way to transfer my address book from the dying phone to the
> new one.

Whah?  Bullpucky!  That's what the serial port under the phone is
there for, I personally zapped phonebooks/configuration files
back and forth hundreds of times back in the good old days.
It may, however, entail (lots?) more work on Docomo's part, as
I'm not sure the phonebook settings are standardized, which means
they'd have to get someone at Nokia to do it...

Cheers,
--
Jani PATOKALLIO / jpatokal@iki.fi / +81 90 7722 3557
Sanpo Laboratory, Mechano-Informatics Dept., University of Tokyo