(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <andrew.shuttleworth_at_tokyopc.org>
Date: 02/07/01
Ben Hutchings wrote:
> protocol).  The main use for those IR ports is of course to provide a
> serial connection (IrCOMM protocol)

That was the easy part with a Pocket PC. Had no trouble setting it up.
Trying to keep the IR ports lined up with both devices in one hand while
standing up on a moving and crowded Tokkaido line train is another matter
;-)

> SIM.  There are a few Palm applications that allow syncing with a phone
> using these commands.  I didn't find them very useful, and I'm not at
> all hopeful that any non-GSM phones might support these commands.  It
> might be worth trying them though.

So as expected it might just be a matter of the software. If I can get the
correct software on the desktop then I'm half way there. Still looking ...

Thanks for the links. Do you know of any good introductory guides to
InfraRed and IP protocols?

Andrew
--
Andrew Shuttleworth (andrew.shuttleworth@tokyopc.org)