(keitai-l) Re: grass greener

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/09/01
James Governor wrote:

> i wonder whether we might see a DoCoMo 'backlash' soon. Or have I missed the
> point?

I think one basic test is the "aspirin" versus "vitamin" test: if resources
are limited people are more likely to buy aspiring to cure the head ache than
vitamin tablets, where it's not sure they help.

So I think you'll have to ask whether DoCoMo's services incl imode are
aspirin or vitamin for the users. If they are vitamins, than users could jump
on some other fashion trend away from imode/DoCoMo. But I think that
many people
these days feel about imode and internet as aspirin and essential to
life and
business.

In the end what counts is the value to people. And my feeling is, like cars,
electricity, running water, central heating, TV,
internet & mobile internet & imode are not going to go away.

Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/