(keitai-l) Re: billing and packet charges

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 02/16/01
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Eijkemans, Paul wrote:

> European operators will pretty much leverage on what is already there in
> their WAP portals. Because of the packet-switched nature of GPRS and it's
> higher throughput new applications (that would be too costly on circuit-
> switched) will be launched.

I haven't seen any statistics of information as which country has
deployed ( in terms of network percentage) GPRS in Europe. And if so
what is their billing method on these packet based network for
wireless data.

Also, I believe the 'whole experience' is the key part for the
success of i-mode and wap in Japan. Reliable network, catchy gadget,
fun content and reasonable pricing.

For the gadget parts, even nokia fails. And forget about Ericsson
and Motorola which has no i-mode phone so far.

Hubert