(keitai-l) Re: Introduction

From: Lanka Ravikumar <lanka_at_sasken.com>
Date: 06/29/01
Hi Patrick,

> I also developed an i-mode version of this site, available at the same URL
> using a DoCoMo phone, or otherwise at http://www.japantoday.com/e/i/ and I
> am mainly interested in the following topics:
>
> - compatibility issues and tips with other japanese platforms (J-Phone, au, ..)

J-Phone and Au use different markup languages. i-Mode uses cHTML which
is just a subset of the normal HTML. So, if the site has to be made
accessible from J-Phone, it should be in HDML/WML. You may want
to browse the archives of this list at
http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ for more information. The
bottomline is: the site has to be redone in a different markup
language at the minimum, for J-Phone/Au accessibility.

Rgds,
Lanka.