(keitai-l) Re: What is this?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/16/01
On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Juergen Specht wrote:

> > the text looks justified.
> The text was sended justified.

Actually, you'd be surprised at how quickly you get used to having text
wrap at the right hand side of a screen, regardless of whether it's in
the middle of a word or not. I find it better in fact, at least on small
screens, because you get more text on the screen that way. (I've used
text pagers with small screens where at times you'd end up with more
blank space than text on the screen due to wrapping.)

On the other hand, maybe I'm only getting used to it because I'm learing
to read Japanese, where it's perfectly acceptable (and frequent) to
break a line or column in the middle of a "word."

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil

Basically, a tool is an object that enables you to take advantage of the laws
of physics and mechanics in such a way that you can seriously injure yourself.
                                             --Dave Barry