(keitai-l) Re: EZweb-> i-mode -> user_agents? Re: iappli download for emulator without docomo email address

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 07/17/01
Openwave documentation is available in PDF format at
http://developer.openwave.com/support/techlib.html

The SDK Developer's Guide has detailed information on the HTTP headers sent
from Openwave phones.

Useful headers we use for delivery of dynamic, personalized content are as
follows:

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: Self-explanatory.
HTTP_REFERER: Self-explanatory and very useful additional security check.
HTTP_COOKIE: Persistent HTTP cookies compatible with RFC-2109 and one method
for content personalization.
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_NUMSOFTKEYS: Number of soft keys.
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_SOFTKEYSIZE: Maximum number of characters allowed for soft
key labels.
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_SCREENPIXELS: Comma-delimited width and height of screen in
pixels.
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_SCREENCHARS: Comma-delimited columns and lines of screen.
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_SCREENDEPTH: Screen depth.
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_MSIZE: Width in pixels of the M character
HTTP_X_UP_DEVCAP_ISCOLOR: Indicates color or grayscale support.
Specifies whether the display is grayscale or color.
HTTP_X_UP_SUBNO: A globally unique subscriber ID. This is the first, best
method for content personalization.

Not all phones send complete information (C201H, C202DE do not send complete
screen size and color) and is important to take into consideration in your
application design.

Compare the information that Openwave sends above with what you get from a
DoCoMo phone and perhaps you see why I think Openwave have a better
detection architecture although please do not take this as an argument for
or against HDML/WML/i-mode which is nothing to do with the above.

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com