(keitai-l) Re: i-motion Mpeg3

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 07/19/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
> Real estate
>matters, and that screen is just too damned small.

True enough - but who cares about the size of the screen on the PHONE?
That's just just a device to catch the feed and decompress it before
passing it on to my output device of choice (LCD specs, Laser specs,
whatever...)

For myself, the killer app is radio, not video - low bandwidth is fine for
that. I want permanent bbc radio 4 wherever I am in Japan....

As for comments in another post about "375k" is the sweetspot - I bow to
the far greater wisdom of others - but it seems a bit high for the fairly
low definition devices we are talking about outputting to.

Nick

(a sad "Archers" addict)